Reco In Reggaeland: Paying Tribute To Don Drummond was released in 1969 after the death of Rico's tutor and musical friend Don Drummond.
LP: Pama ECO 14 /UK
as Tribute To Don Drummond
CD: Trybute TRRCD 01
- "Tribute to Don Drummond" ("Peanut Vendor") (trad. - arr. Rodriguez/Lee/Rhondo) 2:23
- "Anancy Rumba" (Rodriquez/Lee) 2:43
- "Rainbow Into The Rio Mio" ("Green Island") (Don Drummond - arr. Rodriguez/Lee) 2:15
- "Sweet Chariot" (trad. - arr. Rodriguez/Lee) 2:19
- "Tom Jones" (Rodriguez/Lee) 2:19
- "Scar Face" (Rodriguez/Rhondo/Lee) 2:27
- "Trombone Man" (Rodriguez/Lee) 2:26
- "Japanese Invasion" (Rodriguez/Lee/Rhondo) 2:30
- "Top Of The Class" (Rodriguez/Lee) 2:15
- "Black Milk" (Rodriguez/Lee) 2:49
- "Stranger On The Shore" (Bilk/Mellin) 3:31
- "Place In The Sun" (Ron Miller/Bryan Wells) 2:42
- Bunny Lee All Stars
- Rico Rodriguez
- Gene Rhondo
Cover design: Ossi & Tero (Kaski) of Black Star
Front cover photography by Tim Barrow; photography of Rico in Jamaica, 1983 by Pekka Vuorinen, Black Star on the back cover
- "This re-issue finds Rico back in 1969 with the opportunity to blow over contemporary Jamaican rhythms from legendary producer Bunny "Striker" Lee. Early in that year news arrived from Jamaica of Don Drummonds passing away. Bunny and Rico learned of this and immediately decided to record a tribute album to this world reknowned trombonist.
- The album's rhythms emanate from Bunny Lee All Stars, with the trombone overdubs and the vocal interjections by Gene Rhondo (aka Winston Laro), laid at T.M.C. Studios, London, in mid 1969. The album was completed in 4 hours, which is a testimonial of the trombone skills of Rico!"
- - "The Fencebeater"